Friday, January 15, 2010

Fairy Tales

I once saw a television show about a woman who believed that humans, like some plants, could maintain their life force by converting the sun's light into usable energy.

I once read a book about a shaman who taught that humans could control their surroundings with the use of their will, which manifests itself as tentacles emerging from the torso.

I once heard the story of a woman curing her own lymphoma cancer by utilizing the Law of Attraction and employing positive thinking.

I once learned about a man who believed in nonviolent noncooperation; he stopped eating and then they abolished apartheid.

Every day of my life, I am told that magic is really an illusion; we have to play along with society's rules. The people who tell me these things consider themselves realists and label me a dreamer, a hippie, unrealistic, and even lazy.

Who do you believe?

No comments: